Saturday, December 10, 2011

Drilled! (Fiction)

Drilled !
“Open wide”

That was exactly what I said to his wife yesterday.

I had been banging this dentist dude’s wife for the past few months now. I had met her on the Internet, and after a lot of chatting and cyber sex, had met her in person and screwed her. Man, she was hot!

Ever since she told me that her old man was a dentist, it gave me a major kick in life to come here and get drilled by him, before going and drilling his wife in his own home. A few drinks, a compliment, a trinket or two – that’s all it takes to get her down and dirty.

I specialize in getting complicated jobs done, and have a good rapport with all the guys who matter in town. Police officers, Customs and excise guys, politicians, bureaucrats, goons and mafia guys…I know them all. Some regular bribes, some gifts and presents, some blackmail…and its amazing how much work you can get done.

The ‘whirr’ of the drill brought me out of my reverie as I saw the dentist bending over me. I closed my eyes and let him do as he wished. This modern dentistry is an amazing thing – I had closed my eyes and curled my toes as I waited for the pain – but there was no pain at all! I could feel the vibrations of the drill in my teeth, and the jet of water spraying in my mouth…and voila! He was done.
He showed me the hole he had made in my molars - nice big ones - and told me that he was going to fill them with some modern cement type filling. I shrugged and let him do his thing. Anyway, I can’t bear to see those shining implements, and had my eyes tightly shut as he poked around in my mouth.
Soon he was done, and I thanked him and paid him generously. He tried to say that this was too much, but I pressed it on him, saying that this was removing the fear of dentists from my mind. Ha ha. Fuckin’ pussy.

Time fairly flies, I must say. Nearly a couple of months had passed since I finished that dentist visit, and they were among the most fruitful ones of my life.
I was putting together the deal of deals. Four Tons of Cocaine! The mind boggles at what that must be worth in the US market.
The stuff was supposed to come from Burma, the heart of the golden triangle. From there, it would come to Calcutta through Bangladesh, and then come to Bombay by train, disguised as cement sacks. That lot would come into my go-down, and be taken out the back door and loaded on a Panamian ship going to Mexico. There the US partner would take it through the porous US- Mexico border and sell it.
The operation was huge, and involved tremendous coordination. So many people in so many countries to be bought off. Burma, Bangladesh, India, Mexico. Customs guys, Border Security Force, Train guys, Police, local mafia’s all across the route, Port authorities…and god knows who else. I was working like mad for the past two months, exerting my entire influence and authority. But the rewards were worth it. Once this shipment goes through, I would be a multi billionaire. I would be set up for life.

Apart from authority and influence, my money was also being spent like water – bribing people all over the country and beyond. To relax myself, I used to bang that dentist’s wife regularly. She was getting better and better, and more and more dependent on me for money and sex.
She thinks I love her. Hah! What a laugh!

Well, this is it! The stuff is through. What an operation, went through as smooth as butter. The stock came smoothly over 3 borders – Burma, Bangladesh and India, with almost no complications. A Few guys got killed when they stepped on a landmine in the no mans land, but the shipment got through OK.
Then it was filled in cement sacks, and loaded on in broad daylight at Calcutta railway station, and came quietly and without any hassle to Bombay. I had paid off all the mafias from East to West, so the stuff came through unmolested.
Now it was sitting in my go-down in the docks, and it was giving me the shivers. Just imagine, 4 tons of Cocaine lying in a godown! The dollar value would be probably as much as the turnover of many third world nations.
But it wouldn’t lie there for long. It would be quietly taken out the back door and put on the Panamian freighter heading for New Mexico. And the go-down would be filled again with cement sacks, which I had bought from the black market some time back. Then I would sell the cement openly, and as far as the authorities were concerned, all I had done would be a simple cement transaction.

Aahh! What a feeling. I had just leaned back into my chair, and lit an expensive Cuban cigar to celebrate, when it all went to hell.

Suddenly, there was a crash, and the door burst open and a bunch of policemen burst into my room. It gave me such a shock I fell over in my chair, and damn near swallowed my cigar!
Before I could say, “What the fuck…” ten or more policemen were pointing loaded guns at me. I decided to keep my mouth shut, and not move a muscle. They were looking very unfriendly indeed!
Just then the door opened, and a police inspector walked in, looking offensively cheerful.

“Hi dear. You are under arrest.”
Well, I had guessed that. But I tried to brazen it out.
“Why? I haven’t done anything.”
“No? Then who was banging the dentist’s wife, eh?”
It was like being hit in the middle of the eyebrows with a hammer. I could only look at him, I was so disoriented.

“Eh?”

The inspector went and crashed into my expensive chair, enjoying the stupefied expression on my face.
“Yes sir. You ran the biggest drug smuggling operation I have ever seen, you have been doing shady stuff in the city for years now, you lied, you stole, you cheated…but..” he stopped swinging the chair and looked me in the eye. “…But…your biggest mistake was to hump that dentist’s wife.”

He leaned back further, and put his feet on my beautiful teak wood desk. I started to object, but immediately subsided. He paid no attention, and continued with his monologue.

“You see, we have had our eye on you for a long time, but were never able to put our finger on you. You were too clever, and knew too many people, and were always one step ahead of us.
But one day, you got too smart for your own good. We saw you hump the wife, and then rub it in by going to that same dentist to see to your teeth.
At that moment I knew that you had become too big for your boots, and your arrogance would be your downfall.

We took pictures of you frolicking in bed with that woman, and paid a visit to the dentist. He was a bit upset at first, and wanted to get violent. But we cooled him down and told him a better way to get even.
In your next sitting he made a huge hole in your molars, remember? Didn’t you wonder at the time why he is making holes in two teeth, when only one tooth was paining? Well, I will tell you. We have got some new toys nowadays, thanks to the interaction with the US Drug Enforcement Agency. One is a miniature GPS locator, which keeps a track on where a person is; and the other is a miniature radio transmitter.

Both of these things were implanted in your teeth.

Obviously, they wouldn’t work through silver, so he had to put cement filling over them. Luckily, you didn’t question why cement, why not silver.”
I shuddered, as the implication of what he just said flashed through my mind.
“You mean…”
“Yes. We know exactly where you have been, to the last centimeter, over the last two months. And we had a bug right inside your mouth, so we have a recording of every word, which you have spoken over the last two months.
So we waited until the whole plot came to a boil, and now we have swooped down and arrested every single person attached to this massive drug deal you have been arranging. Every one of your contacts has been arrested – from the Border patrol commander to the Customs guys in Bengal, the railway agents, the corrupt police officers, the mafia…. even the captain of that Panamian ship of yours is behind bars.
Across the Atlantic, The US DEA has cleaned up the little operation of your nasty little friends, and they are damn happy about it.
Amazingly smooth operation. ‘Well Drilled’ if I may use the phrase…ha ha…all of you guys are going to be behind bars for a very long time…”

My knees turned to jelly, and I slumped to the floor. I couldn’t see…I couldn’t breathe…my head was pounding. I dimly felt the inspector come over to me and whisper in my ear.

“By the way, your dentist friend asked me to tell you…your teeth are gonna pain terribly in a few days. Ha ha ha. You gotta be real stupid to screw with a guy who’s got a drill in your mouth…”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This story is part of my short story collection Bombay mixture  on Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment